skip to main content

New Hyde Park-Garden City Park Union Free School District Departments | Transportation


Mrs. Kim Levy
Director of Pupil Personnel Services
(516) 434-2317


School district policy provides transportation for students living 1.5 miles and greater from their school.  To see if your child qualifies for transportation, please check the link below (Do I Qualify For Transportation?).  Children who have a temporary or permanent medical disability may be eligible for special bus service, for which a request must be submitted for review. 

Since most families live within the 1.5 mile limit, most children must walk or be driven by parents.  For those who walk, crossing guards are provided by the Nassau County Police Department. Parents should instruct children to cross major streets only where a guard is assigned. Parents who drive children should be sure to respect the right of our neighbors by parking only in legally designated areas.  They must also take great care in watching for children who walk.

Transportation is also provided for all students attending non-public schools up to a distance of 15 miles from home to school.  Requests for school bus transportation to non-public school must be submitted to the New Hyde Park-Garden City Park School District Transportation Office by April 1st of the previous school year.  Please note that all requests for the 2022-2023 school year must be submitted by April 1st, 2022.  Applications can be downloaded and printed from the link provided on this page, titled 2022-23 Transportation Application, or may be obtained from the District Transportation Office located at the Manor Oaks School, 1950 Hillside Avenue New Hyde Park, NY 11040.  For further information please contact the Transportation Office at 516-434-2317.

If you move into the District during the school year you must submit an application within 30 days of the date appearing on a signed lease or mortgage document for a residence within the district boundaries.